Today has been surprisingly good considering the last several so I decided to update my myspace stuff - pathetic, I know, but in the process, I wrote a new 'about me' that I'm proud of. So here it is!
“Live to the point of tears” – Camus
I’m that girl. I like to think that I choose to experience life at it’s best and it’s worst. I’ve laughed until my cheeks hurt and I couldn’t stand up. I’ve cried on friends’ shoulders and accepted the reality of the moment. I’m a little on the goofy side…a little on the shy, reserved side. If you’re around me enough – you’ll see both – I promise. I have a slight addiction to quotes and quote cards. There’s also the issue of collages and pictures…yeah – not giving those up either. The smell of boy cologne gives me butterflies. I make people ‘kits’…I’ll make you one but I have to get to know you first…which is something I love to do. I want to know you – I want to know you when you’re smiling with your eyes, when you have a death stare on your face, when you’re embarrassed, elated…alive. People fascinate me and I love connecting with them.
I work at the Little Gym. I get to play jungle, princess, airplane, and every other make-believe imaginable. I think little kids learning ballet is hysterically sweet and endearing. I will always be up for a game of hide and seek in the dark. Working/playing at the Little Gym has reinforced my goal of becoming a pediatric occupational therapist that specializes in oncology. There’s this pretty incredible school in Portland, Oregon that has my name all over it…I hope.
Volunteering makes my day – in any form. I have a sudo-grandmother at an Alzheimer’s Home I volunteered at. She’s the most inappropriate, outspoken, hilarious, incredible person. We can sit for hours putting puzzles together…during which she’ll inform me that she, “needs a man…but that they’re all too old here!”. You can find me wandering around drinking coffee at 10,000 Villages where I point out the beauty of fair trade and make you feel good about spending money – believe me, I can. I take polaroid pictures at Cancer Wellness House events and mop their floors with swishy mops – which I strangely enjoy. I wear a red apron and play games with kids up at Primary Children’s Hospital as well.
I think dance is one of the best ways to express your passions, anguish, etc – feelings encapsulated in a moment of weightlessness. I dance.
If you want to win my heart: bring me French toast, play board games with me, surprise me, appreciate me, love me…and all of the quirkiness that comes along with me. Because, as Marilyn Monroe said so poignantly, “if you can’t handle me at my worst, you don’t deserve me at my best.”
If I could have my way, I’d go escape to the beach on a stormy day with my chai and camera. Nature fascinates me. People fascinate me. The world fascinates me and I plan on exploring, learning, and living every day. I can assure you of that…and that I’ll always live to the point of tears and feel truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
amazing and fascinating
you seem to make life worth living.
about me... I'm Stacy. hi
I love your description! it's so very you. but i guess that's the point.
Wow. Will you write my ' about me' section on my myspace page?!
Dev, this is the REAL YOU. You can't be that girl with an eating disorder, and though I love you no matter what, this is the girl that is one of my besties!
Post a Comment