Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Rollercoaster Nausea Effect

So things have been kinda all over and I thought I'd take this inopportune time to share some events. Why is it inopportune you ask – I should be sleeping…and of course I'm not…because I haven't been able to sleep well for the past month or so. That's definitely a negative.

A definitive positive: Sling-Shot Hip Hop. It was the incredible Sundance documentary we all went to see last night after delicious Café Rio. The film was about Palestinian rappers and the issues they faced. It was phenomenally compiled and the story was amazing as well. The director couldn't have been more than 25 and after the movie she went up onstage to answer questions…and to announce that they'd managed to obtain a few visas for some of the rappers to come. They did some free-styling, talked to us, and took pictures with us. Apparently Robert Redford had to write some persuasive letters to help them get their visas…I'm very very glad he did. Last night was incredible and eye-opening and yeah!

A negative: The Ever-Frozen Tundra of Doooooooom. We got over a foot of new snow yesterday…I just checked Weather.com a couple of minutes ago and it said that it's 8 degrees outside but that with windchill, it feels like -4 degrees. Oh my goodness…can't handle it! As I sit huddles against my heater, I keep telling myself that there are only 2 winters after this one here. Thank God.

A positive: I'm going to church on Sunday. I'm a little apprehensive since I haven't been in awhile and I've never been to an Episcopalian one. I'm looking forward to it…and for some reason, the opportunity to go alone.

A negative: my eyes burned so incredibly much at this time last week. It was horrible.

A positive: My Tuesday date nights with Brie, Little Man, Bobby the Whore Nerd who eats her fingernails, and Hairy the hot cheerleader that all the guys want to be with. They're going to be pretty darn amazing! :D
"Brie, you should look at the moon!"
"Why?"
"Umm...why not?"

A positive: I get to start volunteering up at Primary Children's Hospital soon and I'm super thrilled about that!

A positive: There are 28.25 months until graduation (apx. 858 days). I'm looking forward the a Prince and Me-esque moment. It shall be swell – I two finger promise – a lot, a lot a lot.

A positive: "There is one consolation in being sick: the possibility that you may recover to a state better than you ever were before." – Thoreau

Extra Positives:
- My tulip plant
- Giggle fests
- Hanging out with my Amanda, Brie, Nykki, and Sarah
- Kneaders' Chunky French Toast
- Limewire download sprees
- Looking at interior design ideas for hours
- Planning and planning and planning – and that someone loves planning as much as I do!
- My heater
- Mr. Wuggles and 5 throw blankets – including a hostage one.
- Big warm boots to save me from the frozen tundra.
- Classes I look forward to going to.
- Work that I enjoy.
- Friends I haven't seen in forever.
- Necklaces I love to wear
- Discovering new music that "speaks to me"
- Dropping hidden messages in random things
- Penguins
- The knowledge that every day that goes by with a high below freezing means that we're one day closer to 80 degrees and sunshine. Mmmmm
- Knowing that I have phenomenal people in my life that I'm so blessed to know.
- Postsecret days
- Garden Ward park being open again!
- Love – lots and lots of love for forever and a day.


Here are some pictures from the past couple weeks...



3 comments:

Kate said...

Oh, thanks for sharing Devon. I love reading your blogs. Hang in there, k?
And I'm so jelous you got to hang out with the amazing brie and her fat cat and man child. They're so fun!
Much love,
Kate

brie said...

"The moon is my favorite celestial body."

"MY body is my favorite celestial body. It's HOT!"

So yes. I anticipate many more amazing convos ahead!

Devon said...

Goodness I'm excited for more amazing convos - last night's rocked my socks off...or maybe those were my boots - one way or another, they were off and I'll attribute that to the amazingness of our dates - indeed :D

P.S. I heart you and your boobies too. Just thought I'd throw that out there for ya