Saturday, January 24, 2009

Candy Heart Time

I know I know I know...I've been a tad bit of a slacker. This is true. But here I am! So the crying can cease and desist.

Let's play catch up a tad bit shall we? K good.

Last Monday, MLK day, I had my HUGE interview at Pacific University for my masters program. Can we all say ridiculously nervous? K good. I think it went fairly well. The entire process was 4 hours long although I was only interviewed for 25 minutes by one lady. The coincidental part was that her daughter goes to Westminster. Small world I tell ya! I'll know if I get in between 1 week from now and the end of March.

Here's the kinda bummer part: On Wednesday I chatted with my psychic who informed me that I wasn't getting in...low blow, yo. So everyone is asking me how I did and I have to say that I did well but here's my psychic saying that I'm about to epic fail that...ooooops.

At the same time, she also spent a ton of time telling me about all the fabulous things that will happen. IE - penguin time! My penguin's name is George...George Anderson (maybe). I'm supposed to meet him in about 4 years. He's going to be all fabulous and a landscape architect...or something similar. She said the evil 'k' word (kids) but they look manageable and not until early 30s so I feel better. Apparently there's a huge white fluffy dog in there somewhere as well. Most important thing, she says our marriage and life looks super happy and filled with laughter.

So here's my dilemma...on one hand I don't want to find out that I didn't get into Pacific...on the other hand, if I get in...what does that mean about all the other stuff she talked about? Do I not get my penguin? Do I not get my happily ever after? Yes, I know, nothing is for sure and you just have to live life day by day...lets be honest though...I'd much rather know what's going to happen - especially since it's looking damn good.

Anyhoo - the semester is well on it's way to being a doozy. Never you fret - I shall indeed triumph! Psh...as if there was ever any doubt.

I'm really wishing I was 21...not so that I can drink but that I can finally go to places where there is alcohol...oh I dunno...clubs, concerts, etc. Sooooon - kinda. Maybe I should start a countdown to April 28th...

I'm drained so that's all for now. Sorry again about the slackage. Mah badddd.

1 comment:

brie said...

Dev I'm so sorry but I just have to say I don't believe in psychics! I'm not going to argue with you or anything on the point, because it's cool if we have differing opinions, but it makes me so nervous to hear you saying you're not sure if you'd want to to to Pacific because you're psychic said you won't get in and then you might not meet George. I think that our life is in OUR hands - not in Fate's. I think that you should pursue your life and do what you want to do, not follow steps that somebody says you should do. I dunno. Just my two cents. I want you to go after what you've always wanted FOR YOU.

You're still so young, of course your penguin will come! But you can go to Pacific AND find him, you know? Just don't let a psychic lead you, okay? --YOU NEED TO LEAD YOURSELF!!

(I'll take everything back if you actually meet a man named George and fall in love with him... ;)

xoxo