I'm realizing some of the things I believe in - which is good.
I was talking with a friend that works in a cancer clinic about the struggles of that and then the volunteer work I do up at Primary.
I've decided that I absolutely believe that everyone has their time...there's nothing you can do about it.
I think that we plan out our lives before we're born - including how it will end.
All I...all anyone can do...is try to make that one day - a good one.
Ian will die - soon. There's nothing that can be done about it. All I can take comfort in is that we had fun playing games and the OTs and PTs helped make him more comfortable. He's home now - to pass in peace...and that's good.
Julie's cancer patients will die. Their families will hurt...and it's all for a reason. It's all been decided upon beforehand.
Acceptance is a bitch. It's easy for me to claim I 'accept' these things. I think that once it's someone I love dearly, that concept will be obliterated. I will be angry, hurt, as low as low can be. For now though - I hang onto these beliefs....I have to.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So, do you believe in God? It sounds as if you do, reading this post re: we plan out our lives before we come here, etc.
In all the years of your friendship, have I ever asked you this? Hmmm...
Hah - I don't believe in God...I have the hardest time believing in something I can't see and can't seem to understand.
I think it has to do with never being raised religiously and then lots of other things.
I'm working on the concept that I chose to deal with these life struggles before I began my life - for specific reasons and specific lessons to be learned.
Seems more doable that way.
If you don't believe in God, then how do you believe in a pre-existence? And, if you believe in a pre-existence, that must mean you believe in an after life, but who or what is there waiting for us? Please know I'm not judging you or thinking your belief silly...I'm honestly just trying to understand, because I want to - you're my friend. :)
I suppose I'm just surprised that an agnostic believes in a pre and post life who doesn't believe in God. It doesn't make much sense to me, but then again, I believe in God, so maybe that's why?
I guess I just think why would we live before and after our human life if there wasn't someone bigger, some greater purpose for doing so? Do you know what I mean?
I'd love your thoughts, my dear. :)
xo to you
No worries my dear - I'm not angry.
Honestly - I'm just beginning to figure out what I believe so it's likely to change a bit.
I think I have trouble with the God piece because it's like this:
I know I'M here. I'm me. I can see me, feel me, etc.
I don't know if God's here. Definitely can't see him, feel him, etc.
Does that make any sense?
Lol - it doesn't make much sense to me either. Meh - I'll work on it.
This whole religion/spirituality thing is new for me. It's been bugging me for years and I'm just now working on it.
Go figure
Post a Comment