Why hello!
Some might say that I've been doing some serious slackage in the area of blogging. To them I say: you're damn right. That's why I'm making up for lost time..or something. Thus commences the mother o' all blogaroos...THE UPDATE BLOG. Cower in fear - all of you! To snuff out some of those fears, I shall go about this in a logical, orderly manner...ready set go!
School
Still kicking my ass but I'm putting up a fight of my own! I rocked a 95% on the first anatomy test and a 80% on the first practical. Let's just say I thought I'd walked out of there and failed the practical. Considering the avg. was 70% I'm feeling swell. My A is still there so all is well in the world tonight.
I'm preparing to apply to Pacific University amidst indecisions as to if I truly want/will end up going there. There's stuff to be said for perhaps staying here and going to the U's OT Masters program...Considering all the volunteering I do up at Primary Hospital, I might have a few OTs who would be willing to put in a good word for me since Primary is a teaching hospital. On top of that, it'll cost about $35,000 less than Pacific will...Also, if I end up graduating from the U, perhaps I'd have a decent chance of getting a job in Primary. We shall wait and see. Regardless, I'm still applying this year to Pacific...
The 'E' Word
We're not really on speaking terms. I've been doing pretty darn good I think. A lot of it has to do with Ryan and his innate knowledge of my love for yummy foods. I dunno - I haven't really dealt with the restricting part that much lately - it's been more of the sometime annoyingly 'there' voices. All in all though, it's been going really well. Hooray!
Work
Who's happy she stayed out of all the drama with work people??? This girl is! Ughhh... It's pretty apparent that I started drifting myself away at the right time. I've decided that work is a good place for friends...and it's uber important to have that separation between work and outside-work. I love my work peeps but I need my own space and friends as well. I took a page out of Linds' book (as I pretty much always do!) and took a step back just in time to avoid the fall-out. I hate drama...we all know this about me. I'm glad I didn't end up being any more involved than I was. Phew...
Oh! I felt like such a big girl the other weekend ;) I had the opportunity to fly down to Arizona with my two bosses for a 'Mega Training Workshop'. Oooh la la! It was actually a lot of fun despite the frozen rooms we had to sit in for the weekend. We went to this GIANT mall and (jealous time) I hung out in a Tiffany's store for a while. Yup, that's right folks; this mall had everything from Jimmy Choo to Betsy Johnson, Crate&Barrel to Burberry. I'll have an honesty moment with you though...by far my fav store was Crate&Barrel because I got to sit in all the furniture sets and touch all the fun touchy stuff. PS - I found out that I'm a kinesthetic learner - I have to learn through touch and doing things. Ya couldn't tell that from my Crate&Barrel antics, could ya? I made it out alive having only bought a set of sparkly leaves for $10. Go me!
Here's a fabulous picture of The University if Phoenix...in Phoenix! Oh man!
The Boy
Ah yes, the moment we've all been waiting for! Ryan is pretty much ridiculously amazing. I'm quite a pathetic basket case considering he's gone for the weekend and I'm missing him already. Hah - go me... The guy made us a cake one night. He's incredibly concerned about hurting me (which led to a 14 hour breakup in which he decided we shouldn't date because he assumed he'd just end up hurting me. After talking sense into him about how relationships are of the utmost importance to me and that I go all-in on them - I give 100% even if I do end up getting hurt - it's worth it, he took back his statement) There's a lot more to the story but suffice to say, we're a-ok now and I couldn't be happier.
He makes me giggle. He plays hide and seek with me. He indulges me with my tickle wars...and then wins (jerk). His puppy adores me - duh. Pretty much I'm damn happy and realizing that I deserve it. I deserve a guy who will call when he says he'll call, takes life seriously, takes the relationship seriously, tells me I'm beautiful, lets me buy dinner sometimes, cuddles and shares the blanket, puts on Finding Nemo by choice because he knows I love myself some sea turtles, is an all-around amazing guy. I'm very fortunate to have found such a fabulous guy. True story.
Plus, let's be honest, he went along with my nickname idea. He's Dink and I'm Mine. So here's how we got 'official': I told him about the fabulous nicknames and the convo went like this:
D: "You are Dink and I am Mine"
R: "You're Mine"
D: "Oh really, am I yours?"
R. "If you want to be..."
D: "Do you want me to be?"
R: "Yes"
Impossibly cute, huh?
Here's us yo!
Life In General
Overall the ol' life thing is going well. I'm excited that it's getting to be holiday time since now I can start planning out gifts to get people which, if you don't know, is one of my extra favorite things in the whole wide world. True story. I'll try to be more on top of this thingy so it doesn't take you a year to find out what I've been up to.
Hope all is well on the other side of your computer screen - I'm thinking about you...

No comments:
Post a Comment